Friday, November 22, 2013

Rationally irrational

As I have aged, I have recognized times in my life where I have been loud, impulsive and irrational.  As I identify those moments, I keep them in mind because while I want to be passionate, I do not want to be ineffective with me ability to communicate or being believed.

That being said, what the hell is wrong with oil companies?!  Over the last few months, gas prices have slowly dropped.  Each week, drivers were delighted to see the price had dropped a penny or two.  If economists are to be believed, this is because demand has decreased, refineries do not have to work as hard and it takes time for the 'savings' to trickle down to the little people.

If that is the case, why can gas jump from $2.82 yesterday to $2.99 today.  It takes a week for the price to drop two cents but less than 24 hours for it to jump up 19 cents.  That is not economy, that is oil companies not being considerate enough to buy us dinner and give us a kiss on the lips before bending us over and giving us the shaft.

I have never argued that Capitalism should be fair but it damn well should be afraid of the masses getting tired of it's BS.

No comments: